Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Time to start

Hey guys,
Well I guess I've officially started my project. I've started to sit down at my piano and try to figure out some basic songs from some old piano books I still have lying around. I've actually lost a lot more skill than I thought. I've decided as my first song, I'm going to play "Roads Untraveled" by Linkin Park. I chose this song because it's a decently easy song to play on piano so I might as well give it a try! I printed off some sheet music off this website to get myself started. Once I had sat down to try and play it, (thinking it wouldn't be all that hard) I literally had no idea what I was doing. This wasn't exactly what I was hoping to happen, but I guess I'll just have to try and figure something out as to how to read the music.The thing that I'm finding the hardest part is to read the music when it's off of the staff (the 5 lines that the notes are on). I'm probably going to meet with my mentor soon just to get a little more insight as to how I'm going to play the song. I've also done some research on what is the best free video editing software that I'll use to edit my videos. A couple websites said that Lightworks was the best free video editing software, so downloaded it. Just having a glance at it, this software looks very confusing to use. The good thing is that they have a very helpful website where I should be able to get the help that I need. Well hopefully things are going to change these next couple weeks so that I'm able to get my project going!

No comments:

Post a Comment